Regal Beer Battered
- Regal Springs Tilapia 3 fillets – halved length ways
- Oil for deep frying – e.g. canola or safflower
- Self raising flour – 2 cups (or 1½ cups plain, ½ self-raising and 2tbs cornflower)
- 1 x 375ml bottle of beer
- Mayonnaise or tartare sauce
- Lemon or lime quartered
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil to very hot (180°C) in a deep fryer (safer) or a pan (not so safe).
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl slowly add the beer to the flour whisking rapidly until the mixture is smooth and not too dry. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of powdered chicken stock if desired.
- Dip the fillets in batter, cover evenly, remove wiping off excess.
- Ease 2 half fillets into the oil and cook until batter is golden brown (about 3 mins).
- Serve with chips, lemon, mayonnaise or tartare sauce and salad. Or just eat.