Regal Beer’n’Chip Battered
- Regal Springs Tilapia 3 fillets – halved lengthways
- Chips – 90gm pack of your favorite chips. Set aside 1/3 of the pack.
- Oil for deep frying – e.g. canola or safflower
- Self raising flour – 2 cups
- 1 x 375ml bottle of beer
- Mayonnaise or tartare sauce
- Lemon or lime quartered
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil to very hot (180°C) in a deep fryer (safer) or a pan (not so safe).
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl slowly add the beer to the flour whisking rapidly until the mixture is smooth and not too dry.
- Smash the remaining chips up in the bag. Add 1/3 to the batter and mix and the rest on 2 plates.
- Dip the fillets in batter, cover evenly and remove wiping off excess. Roll on the smashed chips and rest on the second plate of chips.
- Ease 2 half fillets into the oil and cook until batter is golden brown (about 3 mins).
- Season and serve with reserved ‘Red Rock Deli’ chips, lemon, mayonnaise or tartare sauce and salad. Or just munch.